Wednesday, October 31, 2007

#12 Roll Your Own Search Engine

I think this could be a very useful little thingy. If you're really impatient and don't want to waste time going to multiple website trying to find a specific book, article, whatever, then this is a great resource.

I only have Amazon and Fantastic Fiction on my Searchroll. That's probably not the best thing, but those are the main sites I use to look up books.

I understand what Andrea was talking about with Amazon dominating the results. It's crazy how many items show up that aren't what you're looking for.

Some time later this week when I'm back at the Reference Desk I'm going to try to make one with all the Manga sites I have bookmarked. If I remember that is.

Anyway, here's the link to my Searchroll.

And here is my Search Engine:


Powered by Rollyo

P.S. - For some reason I had a real hard time getting that search to post. Oh well, it's up now.

No comments: