Tuesday, October 23, 2007

#9 Finding Feeds

I mainly used Feedster. The other three ended up giving me some naughty things.

Feedster was pretty easy to use. Just put in something to search for and there you go. I found that the names of the feeds were potentially the most helpful thing to look at. Some of the "articles" seemed like one shot deals, so looking at their content wasn't always helpful

I found a few more feeds dealing with Graphic Novels and Manga, which is of course the main thing I'm concerned with at the library for the time being. I found a number dealing with new release schedules and reviews of manga. It was harder to find graphic novel ones though. Most of the stuff I came across dealt with the individual comics. But I also found one or two regular book review/recommendation feeds and one on Japan and Japanese culture.

The easiest way I've found a feed was just by visiting my favorite sites. A number of them offer feeds, or at least emails for daily comics. I'm all about the comics.

No comments: