Wednesday, October 31, 2007

#11 A Thing about LibraryThing

Sadly, I'm not really a fan of LibraryThing. I can understand why people would like it though. Searching for books is pretty straightforward and there are loads of comments and the recommendations actually make sense, which is always a plus.

One of the things I don't like is having to pay to get over 200 books listed. I know it's only $10 or $25, but I'm poor and can do this for free elsewhere. Also, I don't like having to tag the books to keep track of what's read, unread, or currently being read. For one of the applications I use elsewhere you just add the book and click a button and it automatically sorts it into one of those three groups, it also has different colors for each category when you look at your whole list. I know it sounds lazy, but a lot of people aren't going to understand how to use the tags to keep track of these things.

Anyway, here's my LibraryThing.

No comments: