Friday, December 7, 2007

#22 Downloading Audiobooks & Videos

The last time I tried looking up I Am America (And So Can You) on R.E.A.D.S it wasn't available. I'm quite happy to see it's there now. I think I'll listen to it over winter break while I clean. As far as MyLibraryDV goes, there were only one or two movies listed that I'd want to watch. I might watch some of the cooking shows though. And maybe a couple of the book shows.

R.E.A.D.S would be a very good application for those patrons who just can't wait for the actual item to come in. Some of them can get quite upset over stuff taking too long. MyLibrayDV would be better if it had a more up to date selection. Yeah it's got Boohbah *shudders*, but what about the Puzzle Place? Or just more recent movies. They don't even have to be big movies, the most recent documentaries and/or independent films would be fine.

Also, I thought it was kinda weird that the guided tour talked out how to burn stuff. Uhh... I thought we were against that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have a particular interest in downloadable audiobooks - made possible by the recent advances in internet technology and also the huge and growing popularity of MP3 players and iPods. You may be interested to learn that the iPod is selling at the rate of 60,000 units per day!

Downloadable audio books are also known as digital audio books and that’s exactly what they are: digital versions of the audio books. They can be listened to on a computer, on a CD player or on a portable Mp3 player.

The most significant advantage of downloadable audio books, combined with the use of portable Mp3 players, is convenience. You can listen to fiction and nonfiction best sellers, how-to books, biographies, children books and so on… while doing boring or repetitive tasks. This way, we can fill the “dead” moments we all have in our lives and increase our knowledge at the same time.
I read a mind blowing book called “76 Days lost at the sea- It is the true story of Steven Callahan alone and adrift at sea for 76 days”. Download this audio book at ”Audio Books”