Saturday, December 8, 2007

#17 Creating the LPLS Staff Wiki

I added Checking out Without Card / With Someone Else’s Card and Renewing Materials to the wiki. I found out that our wiki doesn't like "/" in the address so the section that should be called "Checking out Without Card / With Someone Else’s Card" got the address and name "Checking Out Without Card". But the article itself is still named correctly when you go to it.

I think this thing is pretty useful. You don't have to worry about not having someone around who knows all the rules better than you do. If there's ever a question about what you can or can't do, you just go to the wiki. Simple as that.

As for other uses... I can't really think of anything at the moment, except this, for staff to use it for. I'm sure there's something thogh. But as for patrons, my usual idea of book recommendations. They could go in and give a description of the book and recommomd similar authors or series.

No comments: